Pages

Friday, 2 December 2011

A big friendly hello (:

Hello fellow Amos Lee readers!

Here's an introductory post to the official blog of The Diary of Amos Lee, just to let you know what there is to look forward to in future updates. To avoid having this turn out like a boring information post, we'll have a virtual Q and A conversation about this instead!

You: Huh? Isn't there already a website for this The Diary of Amos Lee series? This is confusing.
Me: Yes, there most certainly is an official website. Available on that site are information pertaining to stuff like the book series, the author, awards and events. However, this blog was made specially for the purpose of keeping fans (yes, you out there!) and curious people updated on the going-ons for the book series, but with a focus on the upcoming TV series.

You: Well yeah, but I've already read the books and I'll look out for the TV series when it starts airing. What else is there to know?
Me: Are you a Harry Potter fan? Friends of mine, who are big fans of the Harry Potter series, don't just stop at catching the films at the cinemas or collecting those nice thick books; in fact, they keep themselves amused with Harry Potter facts, cast interviews and Harry Potter merchandise.
The point is, there is so much more to the Amos Lee series that we can talk about here! Updates from the set of the TV series, hearing from the people involved in the making of the show, random trivia, giveaways... the list goes on!

You: Hmm, very sneaky. Is Adeline Foo behind all this monkey business? I mean, it's her book right? ;)
Me: Adeline is currently busy with managing all the other stuff that comes with being a bestselling author slash mother of three, i.e. writing the fourth book, attending events, taking care of the kids. I happen to be a friend who is also a fan, helping her along on this ride by writing on this blog!

You: So it's for fans and by a fan? Is there any way I can play a bigger role in this as a reader?
Me: Absolutely. Here's how you can participate:
1) Email any questions or suggestions you have to amoslee.blogger@gmail.com. If you don't ask, I don't know what you want to read about, so don't be shy. If you'd like to keep anonymous please also do say so! If you'd like to direct any questions to Adeline, I'll also try to get her to answer them.
2) Comment on the posts! Let me know you're there and what you think of what was written.
3) Share your favourite posts on Facebook or Twitter! Remember that this blog is for Amos Lee fans and we'd really like for people to know of its existence. What's a blog without readers? 

You: Sounds pretty good so far! So how often should I look out for updates?
Me: I will update this site at least once a week, with coverage of behind-the-scenes work for the TV series. In addition to that, I will also update as and when there is anything I think would be of interest to you guys. Personally, I think Google Reader and RSS feeds are great ways to follow blogs. You can also subscribe by email. Look to the sidebar on the right.

That's all for now folks, hope you enjoyed our conversation as much as I did!

<3
The Official Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment